Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Car activities for kids

Sticker Scenes

This Reusable decal pad out of Melissa and Dog is totally awesome as is. However, I wanted to find a way to make it operate in the auto. The scenes are too big for laps, and definitely for our little trays. So I chose to cut every scene in half and cut the stickers into sections. Then each kid can have part of a spectacle along with a set of decals to perform with. The scenes won't be as striking as they'd be with the full sheets, but you can' t be choosy once you've got seven people jammed to a seven-passenger van.

In Just a brief while our family will be taking a road trip. A Road that is very loooong excursion. As In, start driving at 3 AM and hit our destination after 10 PM. With five kids ages 7 and under. And No, we don't have a DVD player in our van. This May sound a little mad, but seriously? Placing all seven of us at a hotel room with a baby still waking up every 2 hours seems a great deal crazier. So I've been operating in a building and collecting an assortment of activities to keep my team occupied for our big adventure.

Road Trip Printables

Searched high and low free of road trip printables you can get it here. These would be the best that I could find because not only are they from gifted bloggers, they are also easy to download and print. The Stunning road trip drawing drives (empty road and truck) are out of Picklebums. The Lovelyhand-drawn BINGO games are from Home a Forest. The Easy and colorful Road Trip BINGO is from This Reading Mama. For Kids who can read, Interstate BINGO is another fun printable from This Reading Mama. My Seven and Five will delight in this one. The Car Scavenger Hunt is out of a giant collection of road excursion printables from 123Homeschool4Me.

Lap Boards

Have seen some amazing DIY lapboards on Pinterest. But I do not sew beyond buttons. I do not do well with wood, foam, or extending fabric. I don't even cut a straight line. This is my version of a DIY lap board. Find A cheap magnetic skillet (trick -- they are not all magnetic; assess first). This 9 x 13 tray price 99 cents. Then get some markers or crayons and hot glue magnet strips to them (even adhesive strips may utilize that additional glue). Anything To maintain my toddler from dropping a marker each five seconds. The Sketchpad was out of the dollar bin at Target.

Conversation Cards

These Are 100 conversation starters in the kind of "would you rather" questions. I love these! Would you rather have a pet chicken or even a pet elephant? Would you rather lounge in a pool of marshmallows or M & M's? Learn more and get your free printable cards (or simply a list of queries) in this post.

We Are planning a very long drive this week. We are hitting the road before sunup and driving until way past bedtime. As a survival strategy I've ready a giant set of road excursion activities for kids.

Shade by Number Addition Pages

My Seven asked for color by number pages. I wanted to create something which would challenge her as well as give something she loves, so I put addition facts on these fairy tale figures. You can get the listing of ten free webpages by visiting this post.

Magnetic Matching Activities

Created these very simple matching activities for my own Two. He enjoys this type of item, and it'll give him something to do when he is beginning to get antsy. As there are magnets on the back of each piece to keep him from slipping them I am hoping this will be simple and enjoyable. This does take some time to assemble, but I think it's going to be well worth it. Watch the tutorial and get the free printables in this informative article.

Magnetic Pattern Block Activities

We Already have pattern blocks, but for this trip I bought a magnetic set of blocks so the kids can use them on their baking sheets. I discovered the massive pattern block activities at PreKinders. I printed a transport, snowflake, and creatures set. The children can each set a paper in their board and pay it with the magnetic cubes. I also published the small set of designs from Kelly's Kindergarten and jump them with a ring. (You will have to shrink her layouts prior to printing them if you want them small.) My older children can recreate these images on their own boards.

No comments:

Post a Comment